Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Routines

Now that we are in our 3rd week of school, the routines are beginning to fall into place. 

I {love} routines. 

All 3 kids are loving their classes at school and we are getting some rhythm in our lives by embarking on another year of Norwegian Dance.  Graeme jumped in with both feet and is loving it.  His class has quite a few kids he already knows from school, so that is a bonus.

I {love} routines.

With the school routine also comes homework.  Both Graeme & Blaire Rose are quite thrilled to demonstrate their study skills, so we have not had any battles in this area {yet}. Graeme is a self-starter and a planner like his mother - so, he has no issue with deadlines.  Blaire Rose is going to be an 'oh yeah, I forgot I had homework' kid.  We'll have to work on that. 


I {love} routines.

We have a bit of a revolving door with other kids coming to/from our house.  I watch a friend's little boy 2.5 days a week - he is also in Paige's preschool class, so that works. I work in their classroom one day a week and get the other morning off.  Duncan and I have started having mini-dates during that time. Today we went to our local pizza/coffee shop and took our beverages down on the dock and watched some dolphins glide through the water.

I {love} routines. 

We also have do some 'before-school-care' 4 days/week for some friends so that their mom can get to work on time.  Graeme, Blaire Rose & Paige love this as they are quite thrilled to have other kids in their house. 


I {love} routines.

As the Volunteer Coordinator for our school's PTSA, I spend a bit of time on the computer doing correspondence.  I was able to get some emails sent and blogs updated today, which always feels good to check that off my list of things to do.

I {love} routines.

What routines help make your week go smoothly?

No comments: