Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A home without books is a body without soul

Grandpa Ken & Paige Elizabeth

Grandma Pat & Blaire Rose

I have very fond memories of my dad reading to me. With 8 kids in our family, it's not like the one-on-one time happened all that often, but the memories are strong. I remember leaning into his chest and feeling him breath in and out - then wondering if my breath had the same reaction to my body.

My parents had the opportunity to come up to visit us for a quick over-night stay this month. The kids were thrilled to have some one-on-one time with Grandma & Grandpa and made sure to get some reading time in. We miss living close to them, but are honored that they support us in our pursuit of God's will and in ministry here at North Kitsap Baptist Church.

****************************************************************
What is your favorite childhood memory involving a parent/grandparent?

No comments: