Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I {HEART} You

I love Valentine's day. I always have.

I've often wondered why I have such strong feelings toward this obscure holiday - and the only real reason I can come up with is that it's my parents anniversary and so it was always a special day in our house. We had some sort of candy that day - unlike Easter when we didn't get a basket or other 'goodies'.

Combining my love for Valentines Day and my love for hosting things at my house, this year I had some girlfriends and their kids over for a luncheon - that way Paige could have a Valentine Party like I knew Graeme & Blaire would at school. I kept it simple and made peanut butter & honey sandwiches, but I took them a step further and cut them into heart shapes.



We had lots of heart-shaped candies.

A big bowl of fruit to balance the sugary treats


*******************************************************
What is your favorite holiday and what do you do to celebrate?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow! So much fun! I'm sure Paige had a wonderful time.