Friday, November 21, 2008

Memories of snuggles & morning breath

It seems that when you wake up quickly in the morning, things can either be irritating or humorous. Normally for me, it's irritating - I am NOT a morning person. Today things were a bit different. After have the flu this week, I have been amazed when I wake up feeling good, so that is contributing to a better attitude in the morning.

Blaire had climbed into bed with us at 6:30 this morning. It wasn't early enough to send her back to bed, but it wasn't late enough to send her downstairs to watch cartoons. So, we snuggled. She started coughing and I sent her to get a drink of water. While she was in the bathroom doing that, Paige came rambling into our bedroom. She stood beside my head and said "Um, Mommy? Is there enough room for 2 on your side?" I just started giggling. She continually surprises me with the amount of grown-up statements that she makes - considering she's only 3 1/2. So, she climbed into bed with us, Blaire came back from the bathroom and climbed in beside her and all 4 of us snuggled for 15 minutes. Then Paige pops her little head up and says "Hey, where's Graeme?" as if it just occurred to her that we're a family of 5 instead of 4. Another bout of giggles from mom.

Ah the joys of snuggles and morning breath.

2 comments:

mommyknows said...

Too cute. I have a three year old daughter too and she says the funniest things. Everyday I have a laugh, often she is the reason for my first chuckle of the day.

Laura Kathleen said...

Aww...I remember the days when my sister and I would snuggle in our parents' bed every sunday morning. Or when Flori would come creep into my room on Saturday mornings all last year because he was insistent that I should be awake at 6, like he was.